HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This Friday is our first Friday Program. Please make sure your child has the proper clothing and equipment to participate comfortably and safely. If you have questions, please contact the office.
Access the Friday Program Checklist here!
- STEAM programs: Learn more at STEAM!
- Robot Rodeo: Thanks to excellent work by our library/media team, Mr. Faunce and Mrs. Faith, along with encouragement and support from the PTO, Stowe Elementary School's application to host a robot for Vermont's Robot Rodeo has been accepted! During the months of February and March, we will host a robot named "Sphero." Our students will learn coding basics as they program Sphero to travel through mazes and perform other tasks. Young students may create storyboards for the robot, and older students will do the programming. If you're interested in learning more about this project, visit the blogspot: Vermont Robot Rodeo
- Yearbooks: The yearbook team is already working to create a treasure for every child. More information about ads or ordering: Yearbook
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Community Meeting: Friday, January 6, at 8:20 in the gym. Mrs. Monahan, our School Counselor, will be presenting. You're always welcome to join us!
- Sharing: The Stowe community helped provide warm and happy holidays for 39 children and their families. Staff involved included: Wendy Monahan (SES), Marianna Donnally (SMS/SHS), Lauren Conti (SMS) Becky Lively (SES, SMS, SHS) with organizational support from Charlene Walker, Sue O'Grady and Dot Hayden. Community support came from local groups, churches, Stowe School faculty and staff, and private donations from local businesses and families. Gifts included heating oil and groceries.
January 6: First Friday program
January 9: Stowe School Board Special Meeting
January 16: No school for students
January 19: Kindergarten visit from Lamoille Co. Nature Center
This blog is for students, parents, faculty and staff. Announcements are posted on Mondays with new items added daily. Always refresh this page to view the latest news. Please click the Archive link to view past announcements, and Follow By Email if you wish to be notified when there are new posts.