- Yearbooks: The yearbook team is already working to create a treasure for every child. More information about ads or ordering: Yearbook
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Community Meeting: Friday, December 2, at 8:20 in the gym. Rory Shamlian from Grow Compost will be presenting. You're always welcome to join us!
- SEF Holiday Open House: December 6. Start your holiday shopping and support local businesses and SEF at the same time! SEF Open House
What: Holiday Open House Shopping Event, 5% of proceeds to SEF
When: Tuesday, December 6 from 5-9 PM
Where: Shops at Mountain Road Marketplace with pop-up shops
Meet and Greet with SEF board members form 7:30 - 9:30 at Idletyme. Come and meet our board members, learn about our fundraising priorities for the year and sign up for volunteer opportunities.. Stay tuned about an upcoming raffle for this event!
- Pulsera Project: The Pulsera Project is coming to Stowe again! Fourth grade students will once again be selling colorful, hand-woven pulseras (bracelets) before school in the Spanish classroom beginning Monday, December 5. The pulseras are made by over 150 artists in Nicaragua and Guatemala. Each one costs $5 and comes tagged with the photo and signature of the artist who made it. Proceeds from this project sustain employment for over 150 artists in addition to funding educational programs, scholarships, workers' rights, environmental programs, fair trade advocacy, and human rights in Central America.
- Latin Dancing: Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring our artist-in-residence, Constancia Gomez, the week of December 12. Students will be dancing during Spanish classes as they learn the steps of the Cumbia, Salsa, Regeton, Bachata and Tango. All are welcome to attend our Community Meeting performance on Friday, December 23!
- Help Needed with Friday Ski & Snowboard Program: We are looking for more volunteers to help with Friday Afternoon Ski and Snowboard groups. Whether you can commit to certain days or can be on a substitute list, we need more volunteers to keep group sizes small (4-6 kids per group).
Attend a mandatory 1-day safety clinic on December 17 or 18
What you get:
A day pass validated on the Fridays that you attend AND a 1-day lift ticket voucher than can be used Sunday - Friday, with the exception of some black out dates, and is transferable to family and friends!
Jan. 6, 13, 20, 27; Feb. 10, 17; March 10, 17
Please call SES at 253-4154 to receive more information!
- Stowe Children's Lantern Parade: This event is sponsored by Stowe Vibrancy and Stowe Mercantile. The parade starts at Stowe Elementary School on Friday, December 2 at 4:30 PM. Please pick up your lanterns in the Music Room at 4:20. The parade, led by Mr. Dacales, travels up to Main Street to light the trees and the store fronts. We are planning on singing a few traditional songs in front of the Memorial Building. The parade ends on the Village Green when the lights on the big trees on Main Street will magically turn on at around 5:30. Afterwards, the children can go back to the SES gym for cider, donuts and games. Parents must accompany their children during the parade.
- Stowe Land Trust: Animals of the North.
- Stowe Refugee Outreach Club: This group is sponsoring a clothing drive. For more information, please click HERE.
- Birthday Book Club: The forms are in and I want to thank all the families who signed up. Our first celebration will be December 8. Children who have birthdays in August, September, October and November will come to the library to choose one book to donate. Any remaining money goes to the SES library. If you would still like to sign up, please pick up a form in the entryway at SES. Thank you for making this program such a success. If you have any questions about the BBC, please contact Diane lepikko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stowe Youth Hockey: Skate Classes. Learn about skate classes and House Mites.
December 6 - Early Dismissal (12:00 PM)
December 24 - January 2 - No School
This blog is for students, parents, faculty and staff. Announcements are posted on Mondays with new items added daily. Always refresh this page to view the latest news. Please click the Archive link to view past announcements, and Follow By Email if you wish to be notified when there are new posts.