PTO Fall Fundraiser Helps Bring
Special Message from the PTO:
The SES PTO is pleased to announce that The RED BARN FALL FUNDRAISER has been extended 2 MORE WEEKS!
Thank you to SES families who have already turned in their order forms! You still have until to share your Red Barn Catalogs with friends and family and still receive your gifts and other items orders by the second week of November, in plenty of time for the holidays! Your Fall fundraising efforts from this event and donations will support the Circus Smirkus coming to SES this Spring, 2017.
If you need another packet, you can pick one up from the SES office.
Thank you SES Families for your PTO donations and participation in this and other PTO fundraising events!
NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH WEEK
|Harvesting produce from the garden|
We appreciate the many delicious, healthy, locally-grown foods that our staff provides. Thank you!
SEF Jack-O-Lantern Lighting and Story Telling:
Please join SEF on Monday, October 10th at 5:00 PM on the steps of the Akeley Memorial Building for an evening of story telling. Listen to the kindergarten teachers read stories and enjoy fall refreshments by the light of the Jack O-Lanterns carved and decorated by our students.
This is a fun event for the whole family- please stay and supervise your children.
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Community Meeting: Friday, October 14 at 8:20 in the gym. The Stowe Fire Department will be talking about Fire Safety. You're always welcome to join us!
- Raider Day: This event has been postponed. SHS Principal Jeff Maher will be working with the Athletic Director to reschedule.
- Stowe Education Fund: Please visit this NEWSLETTER to learn about the many ways the SEF supports our schools.
- SEF Annual Jack-O-Lantern Display:Grenier’s Farm has once again generously provided pumpkins for the annual SEF pumpkin carving contest. They will be delivered to SES, October 6 and available to take home on a first come, first served basis. Carved pumpkins should be brought to the steps of the Akeley Memorial Building on from .Due to the limited supply, please take a pumpkin only if you plan to bring it back for the display. You are welcome to bring a pumpkin from home if you do not get one at school.Please note this year is a display rather than a carving contest.SEF Jack-O-Lantern Lighting and Storytelling:Please join SEF on Monday, October 10th at 5:00 PM on the steps of the Akeley Memorial Building for an evening of storytelling. Listen to the kindergarten teachers read stories and enjoy fall refreshments by the light of the Jack O-Lanterns carved by our students.This is a fun event for the whole family!If you would like to volunteer to help at the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 730-2255.
- The Umbrellas are in!!!The Stowe Cross Country team is selling large golf size green and white Stowe umbrellas. They are $20 each. Contact Becky McGovern at 253-2252 or email@example.com. Don't get caught in the rain without one!
- *Please save Box Tops for SES!*Box Tops collecting is a fun and easy way to earn money for our school. Kids are great at identifying and cutting out Box Tops. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents and costs you nothing since they are on the packaging of everyday purchases. Just clip the Box Tops from the packaging and send it into school with your child. The class that collects the most Box Tops will get a pizza party this spring! There will be a collection envelope in each classroom. Annie’s, Cascadian Farm, Nature Valley, Cheerios, Pilsbury, Motts, El Paso, Bisquick, Kleenex, Ziplock and Scott are just some of the participating brands that have Box Tops. For questions contact Jossamber Shapiro Jossamber@mac.com.
- Pots & Pans: 4th grade is collecting Shaw's grocery store stamps to help buy cookware for the classroom. Please help them out if you can.
- 4th Grade Harvest Festival: Monday, October 24, 10:45 - 12:20, in the 4th grade classrooms. Parents, grandparents, guardians are invited.
- Apple Tree fall fun: October Adventures
- Nut-free Table: Our nut-free table is set aside for children who may have allergies to food products containing nuts; however, an unintended consequence of providing this space is that children may not get to enjoy eating and socializing with their friends. If you wish for your child to sit at the nut-free table with a friend, please complete this FORM for our office. Any child who takes the school lunch may sit at the table.
- Birthday Book Club: Thank you to the families that have already started to send in forms for participation. Please click on the link and fill out the form with your child's information and send it back to school with a check or cash in your donation amount. In the entryway at SES below the PTO bulletin board, there is a folder with paper copies. If you have any questions about the program, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, Diane Lepikko
- Friday Program: Materials for our Friday activities program will be coming soon! Please start to talk with your child about options for Friday Program so that you can return the materials to us soon after receiving them.
Community Meeting - October 14
Early (noon) Dismissal - October 19
No School for Students - October 20 & 21
Halloween Parade - October 31