Thank you to everyone who participated in the SEF pumpkin lighting and storytelling event last week. The creativity and imagination of the pumpkins has been enjoyed by everyone who has seen the display on Main Street. Special thanks to Mr. Dacales and Mrs. Bradford for entertaining us with the stories, Grenier's Farmstand for providing the pumpkins and Cold Hollow Cider Mill for donating the refreshments.
NEWS AND EVENTS
- REMINDER: SEF Priority Survey deadline is October 17. Thanks to the many of you who have already taken the time to complete the SEF priority survey. Your participation in our survey process helps us establish our fundraising priority list. If you have not completed a survey - please do so TODAY as the deadline is 10/17. Click on the link below:
Thank you for supporting SEF and our schools.
- Fall Family Hike: Stowe Land Trust is sponsoring a family hike on November 19 at 10:00 AM. The meeting place is Wiessner Woods parking lot off of Edson Hill Road. Don't let stick season get you down; get outside with SLT on a kid-friendly hike. Free. All ages welcome!
- Family Preparation: As October is Fire Prevention/Safety month, here are useful guidelines for emergency preparation at home. Emergency Prep
- Stowe Education Fund: Please visit this NEWSLETTER to learn about the many ways the SEF supports our schools.
- Banking: Remember - banking day is Wednesday.
- The Umbrellas are in!!!The Stowe Cross Country team is selling large golf size green and white Stowe umbrellas. They are $20 each. Contact Becky McGovern at 253-2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't get caught in the rain without one!
- *Please save Box Tops for SES!*Box Tops collecting is a fun and easy way to earn money for our school. Kids are great at identifying and cutting out Box Tops. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents and costs you nothing since they are on the packaging of everyday purchases. Just clip the Box Tops from the packaging and send it into school with your child. The class that collects the most Box Tops will get a pizza party this spring! There will be a collection envelope in each classroom. Annie’s, Cascadian Farm, Nature Valley, Cheerios, Pillsbury, Motts, El Paso, Bisquick, Kleenex, Ziplock and Scott are just some of the participating brands that have Box Tops. For questions contact Jossamber Shapiro Jossamber@mac.com.
- Pots & Pans: 4th grade is collecting Shaw's grocery store stamps to help buy cookware for the classroom. Please help them out if you can.
- 4th Grade Harvest Festival: Monday, October 24, 10:45 - 12:20, in the 4th grade classrooms. Parents, grandparents, guardians are invited.
- Apple Tree fall fun: October Adventures
- Nut-free Table: Our nut-free table is set aside for children who may have allergies to food products containing nuts; however, an unintended consequence of providing this space is that children may not get to enjoy eating and socializing with their friends. If you wish for your child to sit at the nut-free table with a friend, please complete this FORM for our office. Any child who takes the school lunch may sit at the table.
- Birthday Book Club: Thank you to the families that have already started to send in forms for participation. Please click on the link and fill out the form with your child's information and send it back to school with a check or cash in your donation amount. In the entryway at SES below the PTO bulletin board, there is a folder with paper copies. If you have any questions about the program, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks, Diane Lepikko