We extend our warmest SES welcome to Kingsley Sdankus, who will be teaching 4th grade for the remainder of the school year. Mrs. Sdankus is from Colchester, Vt, where she currently resides with her husband and dog, Buca. She attended Champlain College, graduating with a BS in Elementary Education. After teaching for a year, she decided to earn TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification at UVM. She lived and taught English in Tanzania for a year at a boarding school for girls. In her spare time, Mrs. Sdankus loves to be outside, play field hockey, scuba dive and spend time with family. She also volunteers as an EMT with Colchester Rescue.
- PTO Meeting: Monday, 11/28, 11:00 AM, Piecasso.
- Thank you: We want to thank all of the families and kids who came to the SES movie night! A special thank you to all those who donated food and time to make this movie night so successful, including Stowe Cinema, with a generous popcorn donation. Thanks to your support, we raised $607 to pay for each student to receive their very own yearbook! We look forward to seeing all of you at the Spring SES movie night!
- Yearbooks: The yearbook team is already working to create a treasure for every child. More information about ads or ordering: Yearbook
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Help Needed with Friday Ski & Snowboard Program: We are looking for more volunteers to help with Friday Afternoon Ski and Snowboard groups. Whether you can commit to certain days or can be on a substitute list, we need more volunteers to keep group sizes small (4-6 kids per group).
Attend a mandatory 1-day safety clinic on December 17 or 18
What you get:
A day pass validated on the Fridays that you attend AND a 1-day lift ticket voucher than can be used Sunday - Friday, with the exception of some black out dates, and is transferable to family and friends!
Jan. 6, 13, 20, 27; Feb. 10, 17; March 10, 17
Please call SES at 253-4154 to receive more information!
- Stowe Children's Lantern Parade: This event is sponsored by Stowe Vibrancy and Stowe Mercantile. The parade starts at Stowe Elementary School on Friday, December 2 at 4:30 PM. Please pick up your lanterns in the Music Room at 4:20. The parade, led by Mr. Dacales, travels up to Main Street to light the trees and the store fronts. We are planning on singing a few traditional songs in front of the Memorial Building. The parade ends on the Village Green when the lights on the big trees on Main Street will magically turn on at around 5:30. Afterwards, the children can go back to the SES gym for cider, donuts and games. Parents must accompany their children during the parade.
- Stowe Land Trust: Animals of the North.
- Stowe Refugee Outreach Club: This group is sponsoring a clothing drive. For more information, please click HERE.
- Birthday Book Club: The forms are in and I want to thank all the families who signed up. Our first celebration will be December 8. Children who have birthdays in August, September, October and November will come to the library to choose one book to donate. Any remaining money goes to the SES library. If you would still like to sign up, please pick up a form in the entryway at SES. Thank you for making this program such a success. If you have any questions about the BBC, please contact Diane lepikko at email@example.com.
- Stowe Youth Hockey: Skate Classes. Learn about skate classes and House Mites.
November 23 - 25 - Thanksgiving Break
December 6 - Early Dismissal (12:00 PM)
December 24 - January 2 - No School
This blog is for students, parents, faculty and staff. Announcements are posted on Mondays with new items added daily. Always refresh this page to view the latest news. Please click the Archive link to view past announcements, and Follow By Email if you wish to be notified when there are new posts.